Thursday, March 6, 2014

Condoleezza Rice

I'm not going to reprint the whole article, but just learned that the FACULTY at Rutgers University has passed a resolution imploring the university's Board of Governors "to rescind its misguided decision" to invite Condoleezza Rice as its commencement speaker.

They said she does not "embody moral authority and exemplary citizenship."

Now, I guess I would not be so surprised at something this outlandish from students, but the faculty? Led by such "experts" on this subject as chemistry and French professors, they said it would be ok to have a president or former president, but not her.

So far, the Board of Governors is standing its ground.

If I were a New Jersey taxpayer, would I want my tax dollar paying these salaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment