Monday, April 1, 2013

Splendid

I sign my emails with a variety of signature blocks that include little quotes that amuse me. I know it is hokey, but at my age, who cares.

One of them reminds me of a whole bunch of things, besides the message--"One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been." A comment about today and our lives.

My cousin Jan has transcribed some of her father's diary from 1932 and 1933 that a lot of us find fascinating and her sister in law calls a treasure. Maurie used the word "splendid" sometimes, and whenever I hear that word, I think of him because he was a splendid man who lived a splendid life.

I don't hear that word much any more. It is a good one. Hope anyone reading this has a splendid day, a splendid evening, and reflects on a splendid life.

No comments:

Post a Comment